Monday, June 21, 2010


Why I was late home tonight... The old Ford failed, 1/2 way home- stuck in the LEFT lane, with no ability to start up!! I expected ANGRY folks behind me: what I got restored my faith in humanity! At LEAST 8 people offered to help- offering me their cell phones, rides to home, pushes of my truck to the side of the road (more people needed to turn right than straight, so it was better off in the left lane!)- and I only knew 2 of the Samaritans!!

Maybe it was that fetching mail uniform that "called" to them... or the helplessness of the old man white hair... but, regardless, I am happy with the state of upper Midwestern philanthropism, er, good-deed-doer-ism, ala the Wizard of OZ.

And, speaking of OZ, and the "man behind the curtain", look at my post above for just such nonsense in the Post Office!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

-->